Dear Washington Families:
It is with enthusiasm that we begin our 2016-2017 school year on August 22, at 8:30 am. We are excited to welcome new and returning students and families! Your children's teachers have been diligently preparing for the school year and can't wait to meet their new students and start the learning. We are inviting all families to join us in the auditorium at 8:35 am for a Welcome Coffee to celebrate the first day of school! Come hear about the awesome year ahead!
This year, we welcome:
- Meredith Llewellyn to our 5th grade teaching team!
- Music Teacher Halle Davis!
- Jesus Estrada to the Technology and Engineering Lab
This year, we will continue to:
- ensure the health and safety of students
- welcome and support all families
- implement with innovation the Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards
- utilize technology to enhance learning through our 1-to-1 iPad pilot
- meet the needs of Special Education students and families
- empower our English Language Learners
- promote nutrition, health, fitness, recreation, and wellness
- collaborate with the families and community
- cultivate extended learning, enrichment, arts, sports, and leadership opportunities for students
- build meaningful relationships.
Together, we help students learn to solve problems well, think critically and creatively, and become academically competent, responsible, and life-long learners. We strive to create a safe and caring environment that supports learning and achievement. Our school is bully-free. All children, families and staff are respected in our school.
We look forward to partnering with you on your child(ren)’s educational journey.
Principal Sierra Loughridge